Summit Technologies is currently seeking a Capture Manager that will be responsible for growing our customer count and revenues. This candidate will focus on acquiring new clients, defending existing revenue, renewing contracts, prospecting for new business and briefing/debriefing corporation CEO of activity on a weekly basis. This position will be focused on the capture of new Federal business and Government sole-source contract opportunities using Summit’s 8(a) STARS II contract vehicle.
- Leads business development and capture activities to achieve long-term results, including customer retention and winning new agency business.
- Assists with the development of capability statements and proposals for prospective customers. Understands customer pain points, issues and challenges and leverages that information into business capture opportunities.
- Proactively responds to RFIs and Sources Sought notifications and markets Summit’s contract vehicles
- Creates a business plan for success that includes marketing activities, pipeline development in conjunction with hiring and proposal management teams and strategic selling, i.e., cold calling, prospect qualification, strategic sales process planning, exploring and closing all new business and revenue opportunities.
- Must be outgoing and extroverted bringing with them a roster of strong Federal and DoD industry-related contacts.
- Responsible for the strategic objective of maximizing revenue generation for existing and potential Federal accounts.
- Possess the ability to turn Summit’s solutions and offerings into the proper Industry/customer value proposition (i.e., understanding your customer to effectively accommodate/solve their pain points).
- Participate in regular account reviews to assure expansion of Summit’s positioning within key Federal agencies by coordinating and delivering presentations to essential executive decision-makers and collaborating with the proposal management team on complex RFP efforts.
- Must have the ability to wear multiple hats: For example, serving as an interim Program Manager for awarded task orders on a limited basis and assisting with the development of work products
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Management Information Technology, Computer Science, Marketing or relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Sales/Business Development with Federal Civilian or Department of Defense agencies
- Must have an ability to deliver new prime business using the 8(a) STARS II vehicle within six (6) months
- Ability to conduct research using publicly available Federal databases
- Extensive Federal market awareness coupled with a proven track record of winning competitive acquisitions and high revenue enterprise opportunities
- Must be highly ethical and have a strong desire to capture new business competitively or through sole-source methods
- Formulates teaming relationships with large and small firms
- Skilled in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, etc.)
- Excellent communication, analytical and writing skills
- Active Secret Clearance is desired, but not required.
We are technology risk management experts. Our experienced professionals bring the benefits of leading edge technologies to provide solutions that allow our clients to reduce their exposure to risk.
At Summit Technologies, your ideas are valued and your talents are cherished. Our consultants listen to and learn from one another, creating an atmosphere for professional as well as personal growth.
We believe in attracting, developing and retaining the best and brightest professionals. Our clients demand the very best, and in turn; we demand the very best from our professionals. Therefore, it’s imperative for us to attract high quality candidates to be part of our Team.
We have a friendly, easy going culture that emphasizes professionalism, customer service and integrity. At Summit Technologies, we believe in client service first, but recognize the importance of fun, family and a balanced work-life.
Apply for this Position
If you are interested in contributing your talents to Summit, please fill out the form below: