Deputy Project Manager
Summit Technologies LLC is currently seeking a Deputy Project Manager to support its client in performing HR system lifecycle support and business process mapping for Federal information systems. The candidate must have a strong background in business process development, familiarity with the System Development Lifecycle, software change management practices and an ability to work with and support various working groups that are responsible for dictating the vision and future state of HR information technology. This position works in close coordination with the Project Manager to manage a task order consisting of approximately 25 FTEs.
In addition, it is highly desirable for the candidate to have a background in or knowledge of IT Compliance and Governance. This position is multi-faceted and requires support in managing the performance of IT audits to identify compliance gaps with the Department’s HR systems. The position is full-time and is typically performed in downtown Washington DC. Due to the pandemic, this position is currently performed remotely, but within the Washington DC area.
The position requires a candidate that can perform the following activities:
- Quickly understanding the business issues and data challenges of the client’s organization and use them to drive requirements gathering, documentation and business analysis.
- Supporting the client through early problem detection, idea generation, developing creative solution, and advising on industry “best practices”.
- Facilitating working group meetings, developing and presenting high fidelity mockups, and eliciting business requirements from conversations with stakeholders.
- Guiding software development activities by facilitating daily and weekly status meetings, making decisions on priorities and preferences, and continuously gathering user feedback as new features and functionalities are developed.
- Providing technical support for the current system by troubleshooting user issues and providing user training and guidance, as needed.
- Conducting and facilitating user acceptance testing as new features and functionality are released into the production and test environments.
- Continuously evaluating and improving the team’s software development processes based on agile principles, namely Scrum.
- Tracking and adjusting functional and technical requirements (user stories), timelines, and resources for multiple efforts simultaneously.
- Designing analytical approaches, conducting analysis, and evaluating organizational policy and plans.
- Conducts and reviews organizational systems and implementations, develops strategic plans and human capital improvement initiatives as well as in other functional areas.
- Develop business process mappings to design, refine and implement standardized, repeatable and compliant best practices
- Implements strategic initiatives, recommendations on organization improvement strategies and measures and evaluates performance and results.
- Experience performing system audits and developing IT audit plans is strongly desired
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Information Technology, Organizational Development, or related field
- 5-7 years of experience in an agile software development environment, Scrum preferred
- Experience eliciting, gathering, documenting, and tracking business requirements for IT systems
- Strong, end-to-end understanding and experience Agile Methodologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take little direction and achieve quality results independently.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Excellent group facilitation skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Ability to document system processes and procedures in a clear manner.
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- History of ethical performance.
- US citizenship and ability to obtain a Public Trust.
- Previous experience in federal government HR systems.
- Previous experience with Federal shared service centers.
- Experience with following User-centric design principles (User Experience/User Interface)
- Experience working with enterprise systems containing sensitive information
- Experience implementing and applying governance principles
- Experience applying agile methodologies to programs and projects outside of the traditional SDLC
- Project Management Professional
- Certified Scrum Product Owner
We are technology risk management experts. Our experienced professionals bring the benefits of leading edge technologies to provide solutions that allow our clients to reduce their exposure to risk.
At Summit Technologies, your ideas are valued and your talents are cherished. Our consultants listen to and learn from one another, creating an atmosphere for professional as well as personal growth.
We believe in attracting, developing and retaining the best and brightest professionals. Our clients demand the very best, and in turn; we demand the very best from our professionals. Therefore, it’s imperative for us to attract high quality candidates to be part of our Team.
We have a friendly, easy going culture that emphasizes professionalism, customer service and integrity. At Summit Technologies, we believe in client service first, but recognize the importance of fun, family and a balanced work-life.
Apply for this Position
If you are interested in contributing your talents to Summit, please fill out the form below: