IT Portfolio Management Specialist
Summit Technologies LLC is currently seeking an IT Portfolio Management Specialist to support its Federal client with the management of a portfolio of enterprise HR information systems. The candidate must have a strong background in Capital Planning and Investment Control, familiarity with IT Governance processes, and an ability to work with and support various working groups that are responsible for dictating the vision and future state of HR information technology. The position is full-time, on-site at a government facility located in the heart of Washington D.C.
The position requires a candidate that can perform the following activities:
- Quickly understanding the business issues and data challenges of the client’s organization and use them to drive requirements gathering.
- Be able to stand up an enterprise IT portfolio management process and develop the foundations for strong IT governance practices.
- Use the agency’s Capital Planning and Investment Control process in support of IT Portfolio Management activities.
- Support the client through early problem detection, idea generation, developing creative solutions, and advising on industry “best practices”.
- Facilitating working group meetings, developing and presenting high fidelity mockups, and eliciting business requirements from conversations with stakeholders.
- Guiding activities by facilitating daily and weekly status meetings, making decisions on priorities and preferences, and continuously gathering user feedback.
- Continuously evaluating and improving the team’s governance processes based on agile principles.
- Designing analytical approaches, conducting analysis, and evaluating organizational policy and plans.
- Conducting and reviewing organizational systems and implementations, develops strategic plans and process improvement initiatives.
- Developing business process mappings to design, refine and implement standardized, repeatable and compliant best practices
- Implementing strategic initiatives, recommendations on organization improvement strategies and measures and evaluates performance and results.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Information Technology, Organizational Development, or related field
- 15-20 years of IT Governance and/or Portfolio Management experience
- “Big Four” management consulting experience in the areas of CPIC, IT Portfolio Management, FITARA and the Clinger Cohen Act
- Experience eliciting, gathering, documenting, and tracking business requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take little direction and achieve quality results independently.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Extremely detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Excellent group facilitation skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- History of ethical performance.
- US citizenship and ability to obtain a Public Trust.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Program Management Professional (PgMP) Certification required
We are technology risk management experts. Our experienced professionals bring the benefits of leading edge technologies to provide solutions that allow our clients to reduce their exposure to risk.
At Summit Technologies, your ideas are valued and your talents are cherished. Our consultants listen to and learn from one another, creating an atmosphere for professional as well as personal growth.
We believe in attracting, developing and retaining the best and brightest professionals. Our clients demand the very best, and in turn; we demand the very best from our professionals. Therefore, it’s imperative for us to attract high quality candidates to be part of our Team.
We have a friendly, easy going culture that emphasizes professionalism, customer service and integrity. At Summit Technologies, we believe in client service first, but recognize the importance of fun, family and a balanced work-life.
Apply for this Position
If you are interested in contributing your talents to Summit, please fill out the form below: