Summit Technologies LLC is currently seeking a Project Manager to support its client in performing HR enterprise lifecycle support for Federal information systems. The candidate should have a strong background in business process analysis, enterprise strategy formulation and implementation, process mapping, change management using the Prosci change management methodology and familiarity with the System Development Lifecycle. The candidate should have an awareness of software change management practices and an ability to work with and support various working groups that are responsible for dictating the vision and future state of HR information technology. The position is full-time and is performed at home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. There is an expectation that once the pandemic ends that this position will transition to be performed primarily at the customer site in Washington DC.
The candidate will provide wide-ranging managerial support in performing quality assurance reviews of client deliverables, tracking the progress of solutions under development and the implementation of best practices. The candidate will work as part of a Team to provide assistance in developing and documenting enterprise-wide HR IT solutions. The Project Manager will be the primary interface to the customer and will routinely interface with program management on a daily basis. The candidate will assist with recruiting and interviewing of potential candidates to include conducting phone screens. The position requires a candidate that can perform the following activities:
- Quickly understanding the business issues and data challenges of the client’s organization and use them to drive requirements gathering, documentation and business analysis.
- Supporting the client through early problem detection, anticipating customer needs, idea generation, developing creative solution, and advising on industry “best practices.”
- Facilitating working group meetings, developing and presenting high fidelity mockups, and eliciting business requirements from conversations with stakeholders.
- Guiding HRIT support activities by facilitating daily and weekly status meetings, making decisions on priorities and preferences, and continuously gathering user feedback from interactions with HRIT leadership, HRIT staff, and Summit team members.
- Working with the Team to provide technical support for systems by troubleshooting user issues and providing user training and guidance, as needed.
- Supporting HRIT staff and multiple vendors during user acceptance testing as new features and functionality are released into the production and test environments.
- Continuously evaluating and improving HRIT’s business processes based on agile principles, namely Scrum.
- Aiding the client with tracking and adjusting functional and technical requirements (user stories), timelines, and resources for multiple efforts simultaneously.
- Designing analytical approaches, conducting analysis, and evaluating organizational policy and plans.
- Conducts reviews of organizational systems and implementations, develops strategic plans and human capital improvement initiatives as well as in other functional areas.
- Develops business process mappings to design, refine and implement standardized, repeatable and compliant processes and best practices.
- Implements strategic initiatives, recommendations on organization improvement strategies and measures and evaluates performance and results.
- Interacts with HRIT leadership, up to the program executive, along with HRIT Directors, Team Leads, and staff.
- Works closely with the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) on contract work requests, management of deliverables, cost management, and schedules/expected duration of assignments.
- Understands and executes the provisions of the contract, to include all of the contract line items (CLIN) and terms and conditions of the base contract, option years, and any modifications issued.
- Assigns projects to team members, monitors and evaluates performance, keeps projects moving forward, and reports progress to Summit and HRIT leadership.
- Manages the contract and collaborates on the contract work with the sub-contract leadership and team members.
- Facilitates meetings and working sessions with HRIT leadership, HRIT staff, HRIT stakeholders, and Summit Team members.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Information Technology, Organizational Development, or related field. Masters degree is strongly preferred.
- 7 – 10 years of progressive experience managing IT projects for Federal customers
- Experience managing project teams of up to 18 FTEs.
- Experience performing quality assurance of work products and tracking the completion of client deliverables using a Work Breakdown Structure.
- Strong, end-to-end understanding and experience Agile Methodologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take little direction and achieve quality results independently.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to assist with troubleshooting, testing, and resolving minor and major technical issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Extremely detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent group facilitation skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Ability to document system processes and procedures in a clear manner.
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- History of ethical performance.
- US citizenship and ability to obtain a Public Trust.
- Substantial strategy development and implementation experience.
- Experience implementing and applying governance principles.
- Experience applying Agile methodologies to programs and projects outside of the traditional SDLC.
- Human Resource Management experience and/or education.
- Ability to think and plan strategically and successfully execute the work.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Certified Scrum Product Owner
- Certified Scrum Master
We are technology risk management experts. Our experienced professionals bring the benefits of leading edge technologies to provide solutions that allow our clients to reduce their exposure to risk.
At Summit Technologies, your ideas are valued and your talents are cherished. Our consultants listen to and learn from one another, creating an atmosphere for professional as well as personal growth.
We believe in attracting, developing and retaining the best and brightest professionals. Our clients demand the very best, and in turn; we demand the very best from our professionals. Therefore, it’s imperative for us to attract high quality candidates to be part of our Team.
We have a friendly, easy going culture that emphasizes professionalism, customer service and integrity. At Summit Technologies, we believe in client service first, but recognize the importance of fun, family and a balanced work-life.
Apply for this Position
If you are interested in contributing your talents to Summit, please fill out the form below: