Seaport-e Contract Information
Zone 1 – Northeast
Zone 2 – National Capital
Zone 3 – Mid Atlantic
Zone 4 – Gulf Coast
Zone 5 – Midwest
Zone 6 – Southwest
Zone 7 – Northwest
Point of Contact:
Summit Technologies LLC
1015 15th Street NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20005
3.12 – Information System (IS) Development, Information Assurance (IA) and Information Technology (IT) Support.
- Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA)
- Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR)
- Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR)
- Naval Supply Systems Command (NAVSUP)
- Military Sealift Command
- Strategic Systems Program (SSP)
- Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC)
- Office of Naval Research
- Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA)
- US Marine Corps
Contract Period of Performance:
4 April 2009 through 18 December 2018 (including award term options)
Available Order Types:
CPFF, CPIF, CPAF, FFP, FPIF
SeaPort-e (Seaport Enhanced) is an Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Multiple Award Contract (MAC) vehicle created by the NAVSEA Warfare Centers to increase efficiency in acquiring contractor-based services and products through the use of a web based, e-business procurement Portal. The Seaport-e Portal is used by NAVSEA and its partners to facilitate performance-based acquisition, leverage buying power, improve business intelligence and reduce cycle time.
Upon award, task orders and customer satisfaction POCs will be placed here.
Summit Technologies embeds Quality Assurance within every phase of our projects. There are several factors that contribute to the delivery of high quality services. They are appropriate advanced planning, an assignment of qualified staff resources, an ample supply of the appropriate tools, and the incorporation of rigorous program and project management techniques. Further, our collaborative method of developing detailed work plans for specific tasks will help assure the quality of support provided is consistent with the highest standards of the U.S. Navy. In short, quality is not an “add on”— it is integrated into every phase of the project.
As part of our quality assurance approach, Summit Technologies team members:
- Tailor project-specific quality control plans as dictated by individual task orders;
- Aggressively self-assess performance via quality assurance reviews on an annual and ad hoc basis; and
- Take seriously and act upon all Government performance assessments and feedback.